iBelieve. A digital research project within the framework of Face to Faith
What it’s about
iBelieve is a performative experiment that takes the shape of an app: a 30-day inner and outer journey through non-mystical rituals that are tailored to you, your preferences, and your individual profile. It’s a mixture of sensual experiences, memories, and playful challenges that pave the way to a unique spiritual practice. iBelieve will lead you to create a personal form of spiritual/religious practice. The app will guide you for 30 days to explore the world around and inside you through different performative practices.
Why you need to be there
The performative installation combines a sound performance and access to this app. Visual material makes visible a collection of thoughts, actions, images,and loci of an absent collective. It is a perspective on the world that the users of this app have shared with us during their iBelieve-journey.
It might get (a little) spiritual!
The iBelieve project has received funding from the Union and is realized with the support of the Creative Europe Programme of the European Union.
|Concept & Project coordination||Elena Morar|
|App script & Content creation||llinca Hărnuț|
|App script & Composition & Sound design||Diana Miron|
|App development||Cristian Stănescu|
|Tech Concept||Lucian Huțanu|
|Executive producer||Hanna Behr|
|App design||Glitch Shop|
We are grateful for the invaluable help and contribution of:
- Glitch Shop App Designer group:
- Adina Popescu - Project Manager
- Ana Maria Dudu - Graphic Designer
- Dan Stănescu - Creative Director
- Domnica Predoiu - Project Manager
- Dr. Radu Umbreș Phd, anthropologist, SNSPA, Faculty of Political Science
- Dr. Insa Bechert and Dr. Pascal Siegers, GESIS - Leibniz Institute
- Martina Leeker and her students from the Artistic Research seminar (University of Cologne), Maxima Schonhoff, Jana Sadlowski, Lia Kourti, for the wonderful journey
- Mykola Gomanuk, sociologist, for the research input
- Teodor Chirvase, legal support
We would also like to thank the people who participated in our research focus group in November 2021 in Cologne:
- Arne Siebert
- Clara Oepen
- Dieter Erlen
- Levent Akgül
- Natascha Fröhlich